September 3, 2006

Happy Memorial Day!!



Monday Madness

1. Which holidays (if any) do you consider more as a day off from work, than anything else?
Labor Day and Memorial Day
2. Which 3 holidays are most celebrated in your family?
The birth of Christ (Christmas)
The death and resurrection of Christ (Easter)
Thanksgiving
3. Do you have an organized filing system at home?
No, but I plan to when we move into the new house.
4. Do you clip coupons for groceries? If so, do you remember to use them? If not, why?
Yes, I clip them. I remember sometimes and sometimes I don't. I usually misplace them.
5. How many magazines do you subscribe to?
babytalk (free to new parents)
Parents (free to new parents)
Home Companion: Mary Engelbreit (gift from my Mom)
Entertainment Weekly ( we cancelled it after the free trial and they keep sending it)
6. Do you play any computer games on a regular basis? If so, which is your favorite, and why?
Sudoku, Websudoku , I like the JigSawDoku right now. Also, BrainBashers Sudoku puzzles. You can put in pencil marks!!
7. Have you watched any movies worth recommending, lately?
None to mention.

That was something a little different I will try to do everyday. It gets my brain to working and puts together fun stuff for me to look back on in the future!!
Here is also something fun. If you go here you can get a cloud that puts all the most used words in your blog together like this:



So today was a very lazy day. Lil D was unusually lazy. He woke us up at 7:45, he ate. He went back to sleep. He woke up at 11:20, he ate. He went back to sleep. This is very unusual for this time of the day. Usually he fights sleep. He woke up at about 1:00. We went over to Auntie E's & Uncle R's. Lil D got in another quick nap. We went to the pool. The breeze was actually kind of nice. There were 2 other couples with kids. The kids all played in the pool and some of the adults enjoyed the refreshing water also. I'm not going anywhere near a swimsuit yet. Lil D was so good at the pool. We sat under and umbrella and he just looked around content as can be. After about and hour or so we went back to there house and BBQ'd. The food was delicious. We sat around and talked for awhile and then went back home. We entertained Lil D as much as we could to keep him awake. I fed and bathed him and he was in bed by 9:45. Yeah. I really got nervous for a while that he wasn't going to go to sleep. He was just crying to cry. I finally calmed him down and now he is sleeping soundly.
J & I are going to have a very busy short week!! I am going to try to continue to pack while Lil D is napping. Auntie E goes back to work tomorrow. She is a teacher's aid. She & I have spent the past 4 weeks together. This is my first week day without her. I know that I will have withdrawals, being a new mom and all. She has helped me out more that I can even describe.
Tomorrow night I have my women's small group. We are starting a new study:
A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place by Beth Moore. I am excited to get started. I am so incredibly hungry for the word since Lil D was born.
J has decided to play softball on the church men's team again. He has a game tomorrow night. I guess I have to take Lil D to small group. I was hoping J wouldn't play softball and keep Lil D instead. Oh well.
On Wednesday I am going to continue to pack. Wednesday night J & I are going to start painting all the walls in the new house. The landlord was going to do this for us but can't find anyone to do it before we move in. We volunteered to do it if he bought the paint. He is also taking $100 off the rent!! On Thursday it will be the same as Wednesday. Pack & Paint. On Thursday night, we will pack as many boxes as we can into my truck. Then on Friday morning at 8am we will meet the landlord at the new house, give him out deposit and 1st months rent, sign the lease and get the keys!! We will move in as many boxes and misc stuff as we can on friday and also finish up the painting! On Saturday we are renting a huge 5 bedroom truck and moving all the furniture in the least amount of trips we have to make!! I'm almost positive we will have everything out by the end of the day on Saturday!! On Sunday comes the worst part. Cleaning the current house. There are a few areas that will take some major elbow grease: the master bathroom shower and the yard. Everything else will be pretty easy. I really hope that our current landlord doesn't make us paint the walls back what they were since they asked us to move out. If they do we will deal with it when we get there.
I am praying that the week goes exactly like we planned it with no surprises!!
-Until tomorrow

No comments: