September 17, 2005

Saturdays are just beautiful!

We slept till 9:00 this morning. We cleaned up the house. We went to the grocery store. We watched a movie: White Noise. It was weird. It wasn't as scary as I thought, it was an evil movie. We went to church at 5:15. Paster B preached on Colossians 3:12-17...Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. The two main parts that stick in mind was 1.) the story he told a story about a man named Mark Hughes. He started the company Herbalife. He was worth $400million dollars. He was married and divorced 4 times. He was obsessed with money. He owned a $31million dollar home in Malibu. He was addicted to alcohol and anti-depressants. He died at the age of 44 from an overdose. It is amazing how most of us think that if we only had money we would be happy. Money didn't make this guy happy.
2.)Forgiveness...we should do it immediately, completely, forever and gladly. This was so convicting to me. I hold grudges sometimes and don't even realize I'm doing it.
When J & I got home we watched Amercian Chopper. I really like this show. We also watched half of View From the Top with Gwenyth Paltrow & Mike Myers. It was cute. I would like to see the beginning. We've been watching alot of movies lately. I made a list of all the movies we have watched so far this month and I have given them star ratings. I'm a movie renter more than a movie goer.
-Until tomorrow.

No comments: