September 12, 2005

Day 1 of week OVER!

Today was a pretty good day except that after I ate my lunch my stomach was mad at me. I left work at about 1 o'clock. I finished the pricing for Maiz. That's what "senior designer" wanted done first!! I finally got to feeling better. We took J's truck to get the oil changed. Then, we ate dinner and watched a movie: Taxi with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah. It was ok, nothing spectacular.

This weekend went by so fast, I forgot what I did. Oh yeah, Friday night we had friends over. We played Scene It...the girls won 2 out of 3 games. Then we played Family Feud, the guys won 2 out of 3 games. We called it even and claimed we were both "world champions of the world"! We had a great time! I ended up staying up till 3:00am. I was addicted to looking up "stuff" on the internet. I finally ripped myself away and went to bed. I slept till 11:30am the next morning. So much for my Saturday morning, I slept it away. J & I went to Sav-On and got a tank of propane for the grill. J made hamburgers for lunch. They were really good! We watched a movie: In good company. It had Dennis Quaid in it and the chic from CSI. It was a cute movie. I went shopping after that. I found some great deals! I got 4 tops for $30.00. If I would have paid full price for the tops it would have cost me $155.00. I love finding great deals where I save...$125.00!!!!!
After shopping J & I went to church. The sermon was convicting, as usual. Colossians 3:1-11.
Keep your mind focused on heaven, not on the things of this earth. Keep on seeking heaven daily. It is a continuous decision we have to make. Where does your mind wonder? What are you passionate about? It is a continuous battle for your mind. We have to renew daily about what we should be focused on. If you are not looking forward to to being with Jesus in glory then you are too in love with this world. I don't even have to explain the next verse: Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolotry.-Col 3:5. If you say you are a Christian than you should live like it!!! There is no way that you can battle these alone. We have a "do it yourself" approach to God. We think we can do everything ourself. God says you can't without him. He wants you to cry out to him "Lord, save me!" You have to take the first step, a step of faith. God will have you covered the rest of the way. You have to say "Lord, save me." God doesn't bargain. When you take the first step He will never let you down!!!! So yeah, that was really eye opening.
On Sunday, J & I pretty much did nothing all day. I read all day, shopped a little more and then we out to the softball fields at around 8:15. The church Rec team and the Competitive team had games at 9pm. I went just in case not enough girls showed up. What do you know? One of the girls gets hurt in like the 2nd inning. I played. It was fun, I guess. I apparantly hit well. Ok, I had fun. I was exhausted when I got home at 10:45. I took a quick shower and went to bed. Dark was a little menace all night. I guess Shadow decided to sleep close to J all night and when Dark came over to take her usual spot between J & I she saw the kitten. Well, Dark growled everytime she came over. That was 4 times during the night. I was ready to throw her across the room. I didn't, she finally gave up. Thank goodness. Anyway, I hope to get a better nights sleep tonight.
-Until tomorrow.

No comments: