September 24, 2005

Nice day of Nothing!

J & I were supposed to drive up to LA today but J got sunburned yesterday at SeaWorld and just didn't feel good today. So, we slept till 10am. I got up and went and had a manicure and a pedicure. I took off my acrylic nails. My nails are natural. I am a serious ex-nail biter. I have had acrylics on for 10 months straight now. Maybe I have kicked the habit this time. We will see. After my nail appointment J & I went and got lunch then watched one of the movies we rented yesterday. We watched Fever Pitch with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. I loved it, I am putting it on one of my favorite movies list. I haven't like Jimmy Fallon in anything since he left SNL. He doesn't act like an idiot in this movie, that's why I like it. I give it 5 STARS!!
I called my mom today. My parents live in Texas. They are about 2 hours north of Houston. They got some pretty bad winds last night and this morning and their electricity was out most of the day. Nothing too serious. Mom said she went to Wal-Mart on Thursday and the shelves were just bare and the traffic was horrible too. The traffic is never horrible in my hometown, ever. My brother lives in Dallas and told her that it was nice and sunny there today. Amazing how different the weather can be just 4 to 5 hours away.
After the movie, J & I needed to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things: WD-40, washing detergent and an Xbox game, Nascar-Chase for the Cup, that J wanted for his birthday. Wal-mart is always packed and insane! I'm really glad we finally got some WD-40. Our keys won't go all the way in our deadbolt locks. It's such a pain to lock and unlock the doors lately!
I have been doing some blog jumping tonight and I came across this National Geographic Article. You have to read this about New Orleans. It was written in Ocotober 2004. It freaked me out.
-Until tomorrow

No comments: