September 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday...

I am so blessed and thankful for...

  • My husband who is my Super Hero! He does so much...works all day to make a living, does laundry, mops and vacuums the floors, empties the diaper genie, takes care of the cats, cooks dinner, baths our son with me, plays with our son, AND LOVES ME!! (makes you wonder what I do huh?)
  • My son is smart AND healthy. He is saying all kinds of new words..."where did it go?", "what is that?", "bye-bye", "all done". His immune system must be super strong because 3 kids have gotten sick at daycare with strep throat and the flu. No signs yet. Praise God!
  • Lil'D gave up his pacifier over the long weekend! We cut a small piece off on Friday night, then a bigger piece on Saturday. He threw it out of the crib on Saturday night and we didn't give it back. Sunday he was so exhausted he didn't miss it, but Monday night he fussed a little. Tuesday night he fussed the most, for about 15 or 20 minutes. Last night when we put him down he whined just a hair and when I put him in the crib he had a face of determination and didn't let out a squeak. I still can't get over that face of determination. I am so very proud of him. He is pacifier free at 14 1/2 months!!!!!
  • WE ARE OFFICIALLY COMPLETELY MOVED IN to our house that we moved into on September 6, 2006. (one year ago today)Our bedroom and the guest bedroom/office have been catch alls for everything. I cleaned my closet back in March, but that is it. Stuff was just everywhere. So, my goal over labor day weekend was to clean up my bedroom and the guest bedroom/office. I had 4 days off work. On Friday I cleaned my bedroom...then the heat came. Saturday and Sunday I couldn't get motivated, I thought for sure I was going to fail again. On Monday I cleaned through the 100 degree weather (without air-conditioning, thank you very much) and got it all done. I completed it on Tuesday night after work. I had just a few more things that needed to be put up. I feel great about my house now! It's all my husband and I maintaining a cleaning schedule. It's so incredibly hard to do after a stressful and tiring day at work. I have started a home management notebook and am trying to use it, but is has been very difficult because it's the last thing I want to do when I get home. But I am going to take on a new attitude of HOME first, job second.
  • That the temperature here in San Diego is back to "normal"! 100 degrees here is crazy and really miserable because lots of houses out here don't have air conditioning. I am one who doesn't have air-conditioning. So if you have air-conditioning I am thankful you do! I don't wish the last 5 days of heat on anyone especially without air-conditioning in their home! Last night the cool air swept through our house and it felt just wonderful! Praise God!
  • for sweet delicious watermelon!
  • red seedless grapes were on sale this weekend for 79cents/pound!!
  • lemon cake that my boss's wife brings in every now and then
  • my yummy hot french vanilla tea I am sipping right now!

Happy Thursday to all!

-Until tomorrow

1 comment:

ellen b. said...

100 in San Diego is hot! We're in Camarillo. (when I'm not in Seattle) That is so great how you weaned your little one off his pacifier! Congratulations on getting your house all moved into. Blessings...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/