September 29, 2007

Day Seven...


Today's weight: 160

The tea that I drank last night worked. I didn't do the salt water. Hallelujah. As soon as I was done feeding Lil'D his organic whole wheat waffle I started making my soup! I was really excited about eating. I was getting really hungry!

I sauteed the onion and the garlic in olive oil until it was brown. Then I put all the vegetables that I cut up in a stockpot along with the bouillon, the spices and a lot of water. I brought all this to a boil and then let it simmer for about 30 minutes. I couldn't wait to eat, it smelled so great!

It was finally done. I filled up a cup with broth and sat down and enjoyed it. It was really good. After my broth breakfast we had plans to go to the Air & Space museum (for free I might add). I totally should have brought my lemonade because I was feeling a little weak and felt a headache coming on from not getting enough to eat. Grandpa & Grandma Ham went with us and they wanted to take us to lunch. They wanted to go to Fuddrucker's. I couldn't believe it. There wasn't anything there I could eat. They wanted to go to Phil's BBQ first and that would have been complete torture. The whole point of my cleanse was to try to put good stuff back in my body, not fill it with junk again. I know, I know I don't need to be so extreme. But there is a time and place to splurge and today was not it. J got a salad, but I just couldn't make myself eat any of it because it was covered with caesar dressing. I fed Lil'D his chicken strips without the breading and just pushed through lunch without eating a thing. It smelled so good in that restaurant, but I was strong! As soon as we got home and put Lil'D down for his nap, I heated up a nice little bowl of my veggie soup (not just broth this time) and ate happily. It was good. A little bland, but good. I was easing my stomach back onto solid food. I was really proud for not giving in to temptation. I know I have the discipline and the will power to do this right.

I pulled a quart of lemonade out and started drinking it. I really needed to drink it and get some calories or I was going to eat something I shouldn't. We went over to Grandpa & Grandma Ham's house for Jeremy's family birthday party. Thank goodness it was a chocolate cake. I had no desire for chocolate cake. In case you don't know, I don't like chocolate cake. Never have, never will. I know it sounds weird, but it has been like that since I was a kid. Anyway I didn't want anything at the birthday party, the lemonade had filled me up. There is something about that lemonade that really satisfies you and makes you feel full.

So for dinner I had a yummy salad. I got some organic olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. This stuff was super yummy. My salad was really good. I went to bed satisfied.

No comments: