September 22, 2007

The day before I start...

Today was a really nice day. Lil'D woke us up at about 7am. We played for a long time and he took his morning nap from 9am-10:45am. I picked up the house, had breakfast and made a list of things we needed from Costco, Walmart and the grocery store. I also downloaded a bunch of videos I took of Lil'D. Here is one of them


He was being silly!

When Lil'D woke up from his nap, we headed out. It rained pretty good this morning, but had stopped by the time we left the house. We went to Costco first. We got tons of water, tons of lemons, and some other stuff. Walmart was next. I found a gallon container there and some misc. items. At the grocery store I got cayenne pepper, syrup and whatever J needed for food all week. I got no food for myself...
...no food, you say. What is going on with EllieMae. Well everybody, EllieMae has lost her mind. She has decided to try a "cleanse." What is a cleanse you ask. Well, I am trying the Master Cleanse. This is a 7-14 day liquid diet that gets rid of all the toxins in your body. After the cleanse is done you no longer C.R.A.V.E. bad food. You actually crave fruits and vegetables...all the healthy food I am supposed to eat, but don't. I have read journals from people who actually say that bad food items actually don't taste good anymore after the cleanse. A co-worker of mine is actually doing the cleanse right now. He is on day 8 and he says that he feels really great and even his skin is clearer.

Here is the recipe:
13 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
13 oz of organic grade b maple syrup
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
mix with water to make a gallon

You only drink this, and this only, everyday for 7-14days, however long you can last.
In addition, I have to drink 2 tbsp sea salt with a quart of water to keep everything regular, if you know what I mean.

I have my supply of lemons, water and cayenne pepper, but I only have syrup for tomorrow and that is all. It is really hard to find the right syrup. Tomorrow I am not even using the correct syrup. I could only find regular grade a syrup. I called Whole Foods tonight and they have the right syrup, for the right price! Henry's had it but it only came in a 16oz bottle of like $15. Are they crazy? Must be some really good syrup.

So I am really excited about it. My officemate, PJ, is also going to be on this cleanse with me. We are together 8 hours a day, why not. I will post a Master Cleanse Journal entry everyday. You will get a play by play on this weird journey I have decided to take. Wish me luck!

No comments: