September 30, 2007

Day Eight...


Today's weight: I fogot to weigh in today

I didn't eat breakfast this morning because I don't have anything worthy to go into my clean body!:) I finally realized I had some brown organic rice. I steamed that up and it was really good. Lil'D wanted some when he saw me eating it. He didn't like the first bite, but wanted to try again and kept coming back for more. I still felt a little light-headed. I guess rice isn't enough.

For lunch I had a bowl of my vegetable soup. It was yummy. After lunch, Lil'D and I went grocery shopping. I made a list first of what I wanted to make this week. I decided to start with only 4 dinners and try leftovers a couple of days. I really want to use the crockpot so here is the plan:

  • Monday: Crockpot BBQ Chicken
  • Tuesday: Crockpot Casserole
  • Wednesday: leftover BBQ Chicken
  • Thursday: Crockpot Fajitas
  • Friday: leftover fajitas
  • Saturday: Crockpot Stew
  • Sunday: ?

I went to Trader Joe's first. I got some really good stuff: organic whole chicken, organic butter, bacon, edamame, Ezekiel bread, homemade wheat tortillas, and organic sour cream. I spent $27. 14.

Then I went to Henry's. I got a lot more stuff: 2 onions, green bell pepper, 2 lbs of potatoes, green beans, carrots, celery, tomatoes, fajita seasoning, salsa, refried beans, BBQ sauce, mushroom soup, elbow macaroni, and a pound of ground beef. You will never believe this...I spent $27.14. Isn't that weird.

There were some items that I couldn't find and have to go to Albertson's for: shredded cheese, mexican rice, cheddar cheese soup, tapioca, 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, 2 lbs stew meat.

Lil'D went with me to Trader Joe's and Henry's. It was a little difficult, but I managed. I am so used to have J with me at the grocery store. J was at the Charger's game. I wanted to test our budget against eating better foods. As you can see I did pretty good. I only spent $54.28. We try to keep our weekly grocery trips to $75.00. I still have about $20.00 left. I may spend a little more than that. We try to never go over $100.00.

I really hope to try to eat better now. I guess this is the end of my Master Cleanse journal because I didn't have any lemonade today.

-Until the next Master Cleanse...:)

No comments: