July 31, 2007

Harry Potter...Week Two Question Two

WARNING TO ALL WHO ENTER...
THIS IS A ALERT!!
SPOILERS CONTAINED HERE!!

Question Two:

So, how did it hit you? Did you weep, sob, get angry?? Did your favorites survive, or did they become casualties of JK's mighty pen??

My favorite, Hermione, survived! I can't tell you how happy I am about that! There were a couple of times when I was cringing for her safety.

I have to be honest, I did not get weepy or sob. I did feel strongly emotional when Dobby died. I really did not expect that reaction from myself. I just sat there in shock.

I also think that Hedwig dying, in the very beginning, was really quite sudden, fast and shocking.

After each death happened in all of the books, I realized I took those characters for granted. If that makes any sense at all. Like Dobby, he was the character out of the whole series I didn't like, at all. But, when he died and how he died just broke my heart. I wished for him to live and not to have died. I felt the same way about Snape. I didn't really care about him until he died. The only death I was not sad about was Voldemort!!!!

I finally watched the Dateline special that I recorded from Sunday night, but I missed the first 30 minutes of it. I am really bummed about missing a majority of it. I saw the end though and got a little bit of J.K. Rowling.

Can't wait till tomorrow's question!!!

-Until tomorrow


1 comment:

Deena Peterson said...

Do we web search for Dateline NBC and you can read the transcript...might even find the video to the interview...

I'm so glad you're playing along!!