June 24, 2007

Day 2...Vacation

MORNING:
We survived the first night with Lil'D. The trick was getting him to sleep.
We left the hotel at around 9:30am. There is just so much to organize and get together every morning. I am trying to be as organized and efficient as I can.
AFTERNOON:
We drove to Heartz Castle in San Simeon. We had lunch first and then went on a tour of the castle. It was incredible. The exterior was way better than the interior. The pools and the flowers were my favorite parts! Lil'D did pretty good. He got through more than half of the tour and then got antsy. He took a quick cat nap on the bus drive down from the castle. I got another magnet!! We continued north and drove along Hwy 1. The scenery was just incredible with the ocean and rocks on one side and the mountains on the other. Lil'D took a nice long nap. So did I. We finally got to the hotel on Monterrey. It was a really nice room. I Lil'D proofed the room and unpacked a few things.
EVENING:
We went to go find a place for dinner. We just settled for Denny's because it was the closest restaurant to Wal-Mart. Dinner was really good. I was surprised. We went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and headed back to the hotel. We set the mood for Lil'D with no tv and only one light and gave him a bath. He had his bottle and I laid down with him. It took about 20 minutes but he finally fell asleep. I was so happy. J and I looked for something to do in San Jose. He found a Children's Museum that is supposed to be really great for 1 year olds. We will try it out. Grandma & Grandpa Ham are going to be visiting with Grandma Ham's brother and sister.
Time for bed!!!
-Until tomorrow

No comments: