March 3, 2008

What's goin' on...


I'm just not very good at being consistent lately. I've been meaning to blog for the past 4 days. I have lots to tell you about!

First, I changed my work hours. I've been working M-Thurs 7:30-5 & Friday 7:30-11am. I'm just gettin' burned out. So, Mondays and Wednesdays I'm working 7:30-5, Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm workin' 7:30-3, and Fridays 7:30-1:30. It may not seem like a big change, but last week on this schedule was a really nice change. On these "earlier" days, I go straight home and get some housework done and make dinner. J picks Lil'D up from daycare everyday. This little bit of "extra" time helps me get a head start on the weekend. I'm just really burned out on cleaning the house in one day. It's exhausting and no fun!

I crossed off a couple of projects off of my to do list that have worn out their spot! Lil'Ds window panels are up! It has taken me a year to finally get this done. I was originally going to make my own panels with charger fabric, but the first one I finished didn't look good at all. In desperation, I went to IKEA and they had a dark navy that was perfect, all I had to do was cut it in length. I repaired one of the cushions on the couch. It was separating at the corner cording. It was fixed in like 20 minutes. Last, I completed my second no sew fleece blanket in an hour and a half on Friday night. It turned out beautifully. It was for my best friend, Chica. Her birthday was last Sunday. She loves leopard skin, so it was perfect for her.

J has been tearin' up in the ebay world. He has sold 90% of our ebay pile. The only things he hasn't sold is a couple of hats, some journals and one purse. It has been amazing to watch. He is slowly but surely getting rid of the stuff we really don't ever use. I'm super happy about that, which leads to my next item...

I am spring cleaning. Every Monday is guest bath cleaning, every Tuesday is master bath cleaning and every Thursday is kitchen cleaning. After those basic items are done I am focusing on cleaning every inch of this house. Last week I focused on the dining room. I started out easy! This week I am focusing on the kitchen.

Lil'D is growing up before our eyes. His little personality is just bustin' out all over! He is talking up a storm. Here is his latest list:

thank you
very much
your welcome
again
all done
up
eat
snack
milk
water
chicken
yogurt
waffle
corn
beans
cracker
fish
apple
juice
ya-hoo
home
car
light
shadow
snowman
swing
ball
hi
hello
bye-bye
lion
sock
shirt
pants
shoes
mop
broom
walk
run
clap
circle
book
bubbles
bath
ready
go
grandma
grandpa
hug
high-five
more
please
one,two,three,four,five,six,seven, eight,nine,ten.

He counted to seven all by himself on Thursday. It was amazing. Tonight he started saying "thank you very much."

Ok, I haven't felt good today at all. I am catching a small cold. I am super tired and I can't breath. I am falling asleep in front of the monitor. That means it is time for sleep!

No comments: