March 4, 2008

From the recipe box of CHEF Elliemae...


Recipe of the week:

Watch out...with my new schedule I am cooking dinner 3 times a week. I thought I would share this recipe!! It is really easy and really good! J loved it! Lil'D picked at it, but that's ok, he is picky right now.

CHICKEN BREAST IMPLANTS (cute name..ha ha)
30min. prep time, 45min bake time= 1 hour and 15min.

4 chicken breasts
1 pkg of ritz crackers
1 pkg crumbled feta cheese
basil
oregano
garlic
melted butter

Slice breast in half, then slice them long wise to make it like a "pocket."
Combine feta, basil, oregano and garlic in a container with lid, and shake.

Melt butter and put in bowl that you can dip the chicken in.
Crush package of ritz crackers to crumbs and put on a plate.

Dip each breast in butter so that both sides are covered, then roll in crackers.
Place breasts on a greased baking dish.

Fill each "pocket" with the feta mixture.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.

That's it. If I can make it, you can make it!! I even let PJ, my officemate taste it and she was impressed! Yeah, Elliemae is cooking!

NEXT WEEK: Bruschetta 'n Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts.


No comments: