March 22, 2008

The saddest day...


Melissa at PinkPaper Peppermints wrote an incredible post and I really wanted to share it with you!

"I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was,



"This must have been the saddest day in history."



The second day.



The day that Peter and John, Mary Magdalene and Mary the Mother of Jesus,
woke up and remembered what happened.



That Jesus was dead.



dead.



I just started crying. I don't know why I've never thought about *this* day
before. The second day.



You know, I've often thought how amazing it must've been to be one of Jesus'
disciples.



Imagine, getting to walk next to Him,
Hear His laugh.
Give Him a hug.
Ask Him questions.



And then this morning I realized that they also had to go through this day. The
in-between day. The not knowing day...



...the heartache of thinking that the Man they believed was not only the future
King, but God Himself...had been crucified and was laying in a dark, cold tomb.



...fighting the gut-wrenching fear and doubt...



I'm so glad this is just one day in history.



I'm so glad that Jesus didn't stay dead.



That death couldn't keep Him.



That He arose victorious over death, hell and the grave.



I love the relationship that I have with Him now. Even though I didn't get to hold
His hand and walk down the beach with Him while He talked about the love of
God for me....



I get to do that everyday now. Every. day.



I get to experience a *relationship* with GOD.



Because of what He did.



Taking my guilt and shame and washing it away with the blood of His Son.
Redeeming and restoring my relationship with Himself in only the way He could
do it.



He did that for you too.



He wants to know you. To laugh with you and listen to your heart and share His
with you.



You can have that if you want it.



Just ask Him.



Not that there won't be "second days" in your life anymore.



We still have those. The days in-between that we don't know what's going to
happen and we're afraid.



BUT



when you have that relationship with Him you can call out to Him on the "second
days" in your life



and He's there



with comfort



and peace



and grace.



It is an amazing experience to meet God and walk with Him daily.



I hope and pray that every single person that reads this experiences it.



"Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are
those who have not seen and yet have believed."-John 20:29



"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." -Romans 3:23



"...the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ
our Lord." -Romans 6:23



"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse
us from all unrighteousness." -1 John 1:9



"For Christ also has suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might
bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:" -1
Peter 3:18



"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if anyone hears my voice, and opens the
door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me." -Revelation
3:20"

I hope that this had the same effect on you as it has had on me!

Until tomorrow

No comments: