March 9, 2008

My birthday weekend...


This weekend has been a great birthday weekend.

ON FRIDAY...

I got off work at 1:30 and headed to whole foods for some special things I needed like organic brown rice, all natural blueberry waffles and yerba mate tea. For lunch lately I love steamed rice. It is my favorite. I mix it up with a salad here and there but I just love the rice. The waffles are for Lil'D. If he's gonna have waffles for breakfast, they are gonna be the best kind I can find for him. I usually get a box of homestyle and a box of blueberry. I try to get organic, but they didn't have any so I settled for all natural. I also like getting the all natural french toast from Trader Joe's. Lil'D really likes those. So, he basically eats waffles and french toast for breakfast every morning. I rotate them everyday. On the weekends he gets oatmeal, rice krispies, cereal bars, yogurt or fruit. The only breakfast item I give him that is not all natural or organic is rice krispies. He's gotta have some fun food every now and then.

After whole foods I had a wonderful sandwich from Schlotsky's. It was a treat. There is a Ross and Marshall's right next to Schlotsky's so I thought I would treat myself to a little shopping time. There is nothing like a Ross that I haven't combed in a couple of months. Oh, the treasure you can find. I found a great basket for our shoes at the back door, for only $12.99. I have been living with an ugly shoe rack in our kitchen. I have really hated it in there. This new basket I found is about 18" tall and 24" wide with a lid on it and a liner. It looks SO much better!!

I also found a new shirt for work. It was only $6.99. Woo-hoo, what a deal. I scoped the toys and found a mega block helicopter for Lil'D for $6.99. He absolutely loved it. He is so into airplanes and helicopters right now. I had a really nice time. When I got home we had dinner and J left for his soccer game at 6:30. Lil'D and I played, then I gave him a bath. We watched Fred & Fionna, Sali Mali and Tek. (don't ask, I'll tell you later) I put Lil'D to bed at 7:15pm. He was out like a light. I did nothing after I put Lil'D to bed. I just vegged in front of the tv and watched Celebrity Apprentic, Make Me A Supermodel and Survivor. I would have really loved to watch the last two episodes of Project Runway, but because the DVR just "decided" not to record them, I am waiting. I have the finale episode, but I don't have the one before. I have it "set" to record on Monday night. Hopefully it doesn't just "decide" not to record it again. Machines can be really annoying sometimes. J got home by 9:15. He won his soccer game 8-0. Wa-hoo go team! We went to bed at 11pm.

ON SATURDAY...

I woke up at 5:15am. I kept trying and trying to go back to sleep. At 6am I decided to get up. I organized my pantry. I had started spring cleaning last week and I still had some cabinets in the kitchen to go through. I actually got the pantry and the pot & pan cabinet done. I took a shower and got ready...I had a coffee date. There is nothing like having an hour to myself away from the hustle and bustle of my life. I had coffee with PK. We met at Starbucks. I had the BEST vanilla latte ever. It was probably so good because it had been a while since I had one. It was a really nice way to start the day. When I got home I started cleaning Lil'Ds room and thought of a new way to reorganize everything. I cleaned every nook an cranny, then it was nap time. I sat down to rest a little, but I just couldn't sit still. I started cleaning the office/guest bedroom. It was crazy how fast it all came together. J really didn't feel like cleaning, but once I started he came and helped. By the time Lil'D woke up, the office was clean. I just had to finish rearranging the furniture. Lil'D has 2 wagons. Grandma & Grandpa Ham gave him a wagon for his first Christmas and then J bought a wagon for the airshow. I put one of the wagons in Lil'Ds closet. He loves to climb in and out of it. He can't hit anything in the closet. I put the other wagon in the office and filled it with toys. I rotate Lil'Ds toys all the time, so he doesn't get tired of them. There is so much more room in Lil'Ds room now. J and I went to bed at 9:45. We were ready to get a head start on daylight savings time!

ON SUNDAY...

I woke up again at like 5:15am, but I managed to go back to sleep. I am so glad. We slept till 8:30am. We had decided not to go to church because Lil'D had the beginnings of a cold and we didn't want to put him in the nursery. I wanted to try and make Mimi's Corn Chowder Soup. I also put some things together in the crockpot for Beef Stew. I didn't get the soup done in time and by the time it was done it was too thin. We decided to go get lunch. We had Baja Fresh. While Lil'D took his nap, I went and got a manicure and pedicure for my birthday. It was very relaxing. I was the only one in the salon and I was the only one that didn't speak vietnamese. My toes look and fell awesome. The flowers are absolutely beautiful. The manicure was long overdue. I haven't had one since Mother's Day last year. I have recently stopped biting my nails. I have bit my nails since I was 5. I have quit numerous times, pregnancy being one time. After Lil'D was born I started biting again. What made me stop this time was when Lil'D grabed my finger to push a button on a toy. I saw what he saw and I hated it. I wanted pretty hands for him. They are pretty now.

After my "me" time, I sat on the couch and put together my new coupon organizer. I had to make labels and decide what sections to have. Just as I finished Lil'D woke up. We had the beef stew for dinner. It wasn't spectacular or anything. It was just ok. J is taking me out to dinner in 2 weeks instead of on my birthday. We decided it was best to make sure Lil'D got to bed on time each night so that maybe this cold wouldn't get him too bad. I think it worked. We will see later on in the week.

After dinner we went to Baskin Robbins and had ice cream. Lil'D had my favorite flavor, rainbow sherbert, for the first time. He has already had chocolate from J and loved it. The first bite he wasn't expecting it to be so cold, and didn't want anymore. But, after he saw me eating it, he tried more and loved it. It was a fun time. Lil'D kept saying ice cream, ice cream over and over again really loud.

That was our weekend. I really enjoyed it. I feel like I accomplished alot. It is a great feeling and I feel like old Elliemae is coming back around!!!

Until tomorrow!

No comments: