October 9, 2005

It's time for a new week

I know I have been lagging for the past couple of days butI had a cold and it was pretty miserable. I'm better now.
Friday night I hung out with my best friend Chica. We planned all the details for Sarah Jean's baby shower that will be next Saturday. We also went shopping. We had a lot of fun! Chica and I work at the same company together. We also worked together at our prevous jobs. We have know each other for about 8 years. The only bad thing about working together is that we don't hang out enough after work. It's just hard for some reason. But when we do hang out we really have a lot of fun together. I stayed over at her house until 1am. So much for going to bed early on the weekend to beat the cold I had. I slept in though on Saturday morning. I actually felt pretty good when I woke up.
On Saturday, J & I went out to look at something he wanted for his birthday. He was originally supposed to get the deck in his truck replaced because it wasn't working right. But he couldn't find a deck that was compatible with the sub he currently has. He had gone to 2 different places that took out his dash, replaced the deck, hooked everything back up and then realized that the sub wouldn't work. Then, they had to take everything back out and put in the old one. Both places told him he was going to have to spend around $1,000 to make it work. He decided it wasn't worth it. He has decided he wants a 400 DVD changer now. So, we went to check out prices at some different places. We also went to some furniture stores. We were thinking about getting a chair for our living room. Right now we have a Love Sac. We love the Love Sac, but we need a real chair. I didn't really see anything that I liked. It will be really hard to coordinate with our sofa without getting into custom fabrics. I really don't want to do that. I would like a sectional sofa eventually, so we will save up for that instead of getting a chair that doesn't really match. I also saw the bed I want. I'm gonna put it on my wish list!! So J & I went to Best Buy and bought his birthday present. We got chinese food for dinner. But before J set up his new "toy", we watched a movie. We watched Robots. It was really cute. J started putting all his DVD's in the new changer. We got tired early though. We were both pretty tired. J had a cold too and he was a day or two behind me so he didn't feel good either.
I woke up at around 8:45am this morning. J had a pretty bad sinus headache so I went to church without him. Today was a great day of nothing. I actually didn't touch the computer all weekend except for now. I just watched brainless tv!! I watched Bridezilla! It was funny to watch all these high maintenance women plan their weddings in New York on their $90,000 budgets.
So now the weekend has come to an end. Boo. J & I just got finished watching another movie. The Longest Yard. It was actually pretty good. It had some foul language in it and some violence. The violence was mainly football violence. It had a good story though.
Time for bed!
-Until tomorrow!

No comments: