September 27, 2008

Letters to Lil'D...

My sweetest Lil'D,

I have been saying this alot lately...I can't believe how fast you are growing up. You are talking so incredibly well for your age. Your words are becoming sentences. You even have some new fun words and phrases that really make everyone laugh:

"Coffee!"
"Take your time."
"Watch your fingers."
"Momma, scare me."
"Daddy, wake up!"
"Mama, hold the door for you?"
"Do it myself?"
"Get you!"

You are really into vehicles! Cars, Motorcycles, Buses, Scoops, and especially trains! Daddy just bought you Thomas and Friends Trackmaster Thomas Action Canyon with his birthday money. And maybe a little for himself too. You have been playing non-stop with this all week. I don't think I have seen you so immersed in anything like this. It has kept your attention for hours!

You have been saying the word "Mine!" alot lately and you have been getting lots of timeouts at daycare for this. Like I told Pam, it's the circle of life. The older kids said it to him, now it's your turn to tell all the younger kids this.
You are really into helping momma and doing things yourself. Here is a list of things that you are helping with:
  • Putting clothes in the washer
  • Putting clothes in the dryer
  • Taking clothes out of the dryer to the couch
  • Getting a glass of ice water

Here are the things you are wanting to do yourself:

  • Holding the door
  • Opening the car door
  • Getting into the car and into your seat

You are also listening and obeying very well. When I tell you to stop doing something you are usually pretty good about stopping. I am still working on getting you to do something the 1st time. You're two, I think 2nd or 3rd time is actually pretty good, considering you have the attention span of a gnat!! :)

You have so much energy all of the time and are almost always in a terrific mood. I enjoy every minute with you!

Love you with all my heart,


♥ Elliemae

No comments: