July 8, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...


One


I am in a tired slump and can't get out of it. I am supposed to get up at 5:45am. I have been getting up at 6:15-6:20. This morning I got up at 6:35. I just can't get out of this slump. I am going to bed at 9:45pm-10pm. I guess I've got to start going to bed at 9pm. And I wanted to try to start getting up at 5am to work out. Yeah, right!


Two


I need a new battery for my watch. It keeps stopping and starting. The time is all wrong. According to my watch it should be yesterday, 6:30pm.


Three


I really, really like my new car. I am getting 30mpg!!! Yeah!! I also love to parallel park it!! And when I pull into our carport I don't have to pull in back up and pull in...It takes one sharp turn and I'm in!! Ahh...the little things.


Four


Lil'D has had a tough transition back into his routine from the long weekend. Last night he absolutely did not want to take a bath. He knew that bathtime would lead to night night. He didn't want to have anything to do with it. After lots of crying and convincing he finally calmed down to the Doodlebops. I was shocked he went to bed with no problems after that. But, this morning when I woke him up he didn't want to get up. He cried through his diaper change and finally calmed down when I was putting his clothes on. He continued crying and didn't want his waffle and cried as I put him in the car. I put on the classical station and it calmed him down. He asked for his waffle 5 minutes later and he was content. When we got to daycare it was as if nothing ever happened and he was happy as a lark. I think we have finally entered the "terrible twos."


Five


That website that I found yesterday has got my mind racing with creativity. I've got to find some time to get to some fun projects. I have to finish some of the projects I have already started though. I am right in the middle of an afghan for Lil'D. I have completed 80 3x3 squares. I have 80 rectangles to go. I will hopefully have it done by fall, at least winter. My creative juices are going crazy and need to be released somehow. BUT, I have to get my house in order before I touch another project.

boo :(


Six


I am taking Friday off. I really need a break from work and Senior Designer is going on vacation for 10 days!! I had originally wanted to take Monday off, but Senior Designer said he needed me to be there before he goes on vacation. So, I'm taking Friday. I'm going to spend the day cleaning. I'm not happy about it at all. But, I have to do it.


Seven


I ordered some new pens today at work. I love pens. I have been writing with the same pens at work since I started almost 9 years ago. I really want some wonderful pink pens, but $20 for a set of 6 or 7 pens is ridiculous. Even though my company will pay for them, I don't want to be frivolous. What is it about pens that make us love them so much and some we just dislike so much. There is nothing like a good pen!


Eight

I love taking pictures of flowers. Everywhere I go I look for them. I am building quite a collection. Here is a lonely little flower I found at the wild animal park. I don't know anything about flowers because I have a black thumb and I kill every plant and flower I have even owned. I need to do some research and figure out what kinds I have.



Photobucket

Nine

I am having french vanilla tea today. I haven't had any in a while. I put in a packet of splenda and a drip of honey and it's perfect! Yum-yum!

Ten

Jeremy is going to the Padre's game tonight with his Dad. It's just me and Lil'D tonight. I hope to get some serious housework done tonight so that I don't spend my entire day off on Friday cleaning!


♥ Elliemae


1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the flower!! Nature is one of my favorite subjects too. I don't have to wait for it to smile or ask it to sit still.

I hope you've been able to catch some ZZZs!