July 1, 2008

Ten on Tuesday...


The following are ten random things on my mind today:


One


Yesterday "Senior Designer" and I had a meeting with our client Mr.G. He is the owner of the Adobe and MustardStone. The interior designer was here also. She made tons of changes to the Media Room and the Library. For weeks now I have been hunting for veneer inlays and starbursts to add to these pieces. She didn't like any of it. La-ti-da. All that time hunting for nothing. Oh well, "Senior Designer" pays me by the hour. I have to make changes to all the drawings and add recessed panels with moldings and 3-D accent molding instead of the inlays and starbursts. Now I have to hunt for the perfect 3-D accent molding. Changes are ok, for the first couple of times. By the fifth or sixth change it gets really annoying because I just want to be done with these designs and move on.


Two


Lil'D has his 2 year old wellness appointment tomorrow. That means shots. I am wondering how he is going to handle these "owies." I will be going to the appointment by myself because Jeremy has a work appointment he can't get out of.


Three


I really like almonds. They are so good and addicting. I am doing everything I can not to eat the whole bag. Self-control.


Four


I have not been drinking enough water lately. I just don't want it. Bad, I know. Yesterday, I brought in one of my larger mugs (a Mary Engelbreit mug to be specific). I put water in it and added a White Grape Crystal Light package to it. It was delicious. It was like having a grape soda!! This is my new water!!! I'm totally addicted.


Five


Lil'D said "Bless you" this morning when I sneezed. Love that.


Six


My fingernails are all grown out. My thumbs too. I am a nail-biter. There are times when I just can't stop. I don't know why. It has been the hardest habit to break. I really don't know why I have grown them out? Usually when I'm bored or hungry I will bite my nails. I guess I haven't been either. Yeah, nails! I need to reward myself with a manicure!! Maybe this weekend.


Seven


He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:11


The God of the universe, the Master Creator, stopped in the middle of telling The Greatest Story Ever Told for just a brief moment to whisper, "Moms (and Dads), I know it's hard. But I will lead you. And I will lead you gently."


This is on my computer monitor at work and I see it everyday. It reminds me that no matter what I'm going through with my child, God will always, ALWAYS lead me. Thought I would share.


Eight


I really like that new song by Jesse McCartney called Leavin. I really like the music alot. It's cool. I also like the part of the song where he says Don't Stress, Don't Stress, Don't Stress.


Nine


We are going to LegoLand on Friday for the Fourth of July!! Lil'D loves legoland. We are going to carry his swimsuit this time so he can play in the water. He is going to be so excited he won't know what to do with himself!


Ten

I absolutely love Mary Engelbreit. Her artwork is so much fun. This is my favorite right now. When Lil'D finally grew in his hair, it was blonde. I am brunette. I look like the nanny. I love this pic of a brunette mom hugging her little blonde boy!! It's me and Lil'D!

If you haven't please visit Mary Engelbreit's Website. There are so many fun things to look at and lots of crafty stuff to make. Major crafty goodness!!!

Hope you enjoyed my list of stuff. I did!


♥ Elliemae


2 comments:

Jenny said...

this is a great post! I really like almonds too. In fact, I rarely buy them because I know I'll eat the whole bag!

I LOVE #7, thank you so very much. That's going somewhere where I'll see it often too.

PS~ I tagged you for a meme today!

Kaydee said...

Thank you for sharing the quote from Isaiah. I have a feeling I am going to need to write that on "the table of my heart" and keep it close in the years to come.

Also, not a big almond fan (pecans are more my style - which is fitting for a VA girl like myself) but the Intimidator loves almonds. Can't get enough.

Regarding changes by clients - I just went through that last week and I said that same thing to get me through. I get paid by the hour and if the client doesn't mind that then I shouldn't either.