August 23, 2007

Thankful Thursday...

I am so bless and thankful for...

  • My healthy baby boy! There are kids all around that have gotten sick. Lil'D is staying strong and hasn't gotten sick at all!
  • My most wonderful husband, who is completely selfless! He is super dad!
  • My mama! She sent me a care package this week. It contained a gift card for Lil'D to get him a toy box, a shirt for me, a cute little thing to hang over my laundry area that says "Laundry It's for the birds," and a beautiful bracelet for me with the words believe, courage and strength on it. What a lovely surprise. I love getting care packages from my mama!
  • surviving the past two weeks at work! I lost a super huge important file. I was sick about it. Luckily, I had a backup from when I had to stay home and work when Lil'D was sick. I am surviving it! I'm not completely caught up yet, but I'm close.
  • feeling really good this week! Even tonight one of my friends told me that they could tell I was different, happy different!
  • for my cat, SHADOW. Shadow is a hero. A huge lizard came into our house through the security screen door. This lizard had a super long tail. It was about 15-18" long. I freaked out when I saw it. J tried to catch it, but Shadow started playing with it and it ran underneath the range. J pulled the range out, pulled the toekick out from under the cabinet. He made a huge mess, but didn't find the lizard. After he cleaned up the mess I had to bake a cake in the kitchen. I was scared the whole time, I am such a chicken. I finally went to bed accepting there was the longest lizard I have ever seen in my life in my house. I even woke up at 3am and felt something on my arm, I jumped...it was only one of the cats. The alarm went off at 5am and I dreadfully walked down the dark hallway praying I wouldn't step on that nasty lizard. I survived the morning...no lizard showing. At around 5pm J came home and he said that Shadow had him cornered. She had already been playing with him because it's tail was in the middle of the floor. J caught it and put it outside. So...SHADOW is the hero!!! My other cat Dark couldn't care less about it. She is 11 years old and probably watched Shadow, who is 2, play with it. I AM SUPER THANKFUL THAT THE LIZARD IS GONE!

Gotta get to bed...

1 comment:

Denise said...

Bless you sweet one, enjoyed your thankful post.