August 2, 2007

Harry Potter...Question Three & Four


WARNING TO ALL WHO ENTER... THIS IS A ALERT!!

SPOILERS CONTAINED HERE!!

Question Three:
A lot has been written in blogdom about the epilogue. So, what did YOU think? Was it sappy? A fitting end? Not enough? Opinions, please, and why do you feel the way you do??
No, I didn't think it was sappy. I thought it was fitting. I think that J.K. wanted it to be clear that everything was ok now and that Harry, Ron, Hermione & Malfoy's kids were all going to live their saga in the same place they all did. I did feel that I didn't get enough. I wanted to know many more details. Exactly where they were all working (J.K. gave that answer in the Dateline interview), What did George go on to do...stuff like that.
Question Four:
So some of the plot twists and turns are a bit muddy for me. What did you read in The Deathly Hallows that left you a bit puzzled? And have you done your re-read yet?

When Harry said Voldemort and the hunters came to get them. I went back and re-read the part when Harry, Ron & Hermione disapparated from the wedding to a street. I wanted to see who said Voldemort when the men showed up in the restaurant.

The conversation at the end between Harry & Dumbledore, that was puzzling to me. The baby crying. I haven't had the time to re-read it yet. I'll eventually get to it.

I really haven't had a lot of time to read interviews and articles on the book. I would really like to read some and get a little more perspective on a lot of the book.


1 comment:

Deena Peterson said...

I know Shelfari.com has a lot of reviews posted. You also might try Mugglenet.com and The Leaky Cauldron. They are the two premier Potter fan sites on the net.