October 18, 2008

Letters to Lil'D...

This week has been so much fun with you.


On Sunday, we celebrated your Uncle Randy's birthday. As soon as we arrived "birthday cake" was all you could talk about. You love being the center of attention. You are becoming such a ham. You also impressed everyone with your Wii skills.



I was sick on Monday and Tuesday, that was not fun. But, when you got home from daycare, you were so concerned about me. Getting in my face and asking ever so softly "momma, sick?" Even after I had gotten better a day later, you pointed to the blanket I had covered myself with and asked "momma, sick?"



Your favorite books right now are:
  • The Foot Book
  • Bears on Wheels

Your favorite tv programs:

  • Imagination Movers
  • Blue's Clues
  • Doodlebops
  • Thomas the Tank Engine

Your favorite movie is:

  • Finding Nemo

I took you to the doctor this week to look at the rash you have been having for the past couple of weeks. Daddy & I thought it was either heat rash or eczema. It would flare up at night and go away during the day, that's why we thought it was heat rash. This week the rash got bigger and spread to your other thigh and a little on your chest. Dr. M said it was definitely eczema. We are going to be changing to Tide Free, your skin might be irritated by our laundry detergent. We will also be using hydrocortisone 2x a day for 2 weeks. It is definitely working because today the rash is almost invisible!!


You also got your flu shot since we were there. The nurse brought in a sucker for you. I timed it so that when the pinch of the shot happened I opened the sucker and gave it to you. I could see the pain in your eyes, but it was replaced by the excitement of getting that sucker! You are one tough little boy. Not a single cry or whimper. The nurse was quite impressed. By the time I got you in the car you had figured out you could take bits of the sucker. By the time we got home you had polished of that entire sucker. (We live about 5 minutes from the doctor's office)



You have started playing more games on the Wii. You prefer playing Wii Sports in the training mode and choosing your activity. "Ahh, this one." You have gotten really good at baseball. You really like playing golf and when you play the bowling mode with partitions in the way, you stand on your tiptoes and try to throw the ball over it. You crack me up.




I took you to the Mira Mesa highschool football game on Friday night. Daddy had a soccer game. Your cousin Andy is a senior in highschool and is in band. I really wanted to watch her march in the halftime show. (she plays the clarinet, I played the clarinet) You and I parked quite a ways and had a nice walk to the stadium. You were talking almost non-stop the whole walk. I only understood half of it, but you had a lot to say. We bought our $6 dollar ticket and we were at the football game. We found Uncle Randy right away. The band was already warming up and Auntie E was passing out plumes. The percussion instruments are pulled across the track by a trike cruiser motorcycle. He needed someone to ride with him. Auntie E volunteered you, so off you went to ride a motorcycle. (your cousin Z went with you) This was the best photo I got. That's you on the back.





I think you were stunned by all the people in the stands. He had a classic bicycle bell next to your seat. You sure knew how to ring that bell. It's the same kind on your tricycle:


When you got back. You called the motorcycle a tricycle. You didn't really realize that you had just taken your first ride on a motorcycle. Everyone at the game was so enamoured with you. You had seen some girl give a lady that was sitting in front of you a hug. You asked her for a hug. How could she resist? You were mesmerized by halftime. I don't think you moved a muscle. Once the band had come back into the stands, your cousin Andy grabbed you. She just happened to be sitting behind the drummers and hooked you up. You got to bang on the drum a couple of times. It was so much fun to watch you. There was so much going on you were in overload.



Today we made a trip out to Bates Nut Farm for some pumpkin pickin' fun! I love the background and of course intended to get some great photos. You were an excellent poser. I took 270 photos and got 9 perfect shots! Here are my favorites from today:




What a joy you are and I can't wait to see what next week brings!




♥ Mommy

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I LOVE that you do this. These are letters that will be treasured forever.

It sounds like you've all had a wonderful time lately! I love the photos. Great always gives me a hard time about taking so many photos, but it's a must to get just. the. right. one...right?!

I hope Lil'D is feeling better!