March 28, 2007

Today just flew by...

I am so surprised how today just flew by. I woke up at 5:45am, got myself ready, then got Lil'D ready and fed him his bottle. We left at 6:55am and got to daycare at 7:10. I got to work at 7:30. PJ was back at work today, maybe that is why the day went by a little faster. She made me laugh so hard at myself today I was crying. I called a vendor and was listening to their automated answering options and it said his name. I repeated his name to PJ while I typed in his extension. His last name ends with -burn. When he picked up the phone I said, hi (his name here), this is EllieMae at (my company name here) the last part of my companies name is Expo and I said Expurn. He asked me if I could hold for a second. PJ and I started busting out laughing. I couldn't stop till I was crying. When he came back on the phone I had to apoligize to him and pulled myself together. It was at about 4:00 and I told him I had the four o'clock giggles. Tears were literally coming out of my eyes. Of course, PJ didn't help the matter by mocking me. It was a fun time.
So, I left work at 4:30, picked Lil'D up at 4:50 and got home at 5:10 or so. I had a pot roast that had been in the crockpot all day. It didn't turn out well at all. The recipe called out for only 1/2 cup of water. I put in a cup because it just didn't look like enough, well a cup wasn't even enough. It burned and the meat was really dry. So much for my To die for crockpot roast. I also realized it called for a beef roast and I had a pork roast. Oh well, what do you do?
I rushed and did a quick pick up of the house. We had small group at our house because our small group leader's wife is pregnant and was due yesterday. She still hasn't had the baby.
Everyone arrived at about 7pm. I had to play with Lil'D in his room because I didn't want him to be a distraction during the video. After the video was over I gave him his bottle and he went right to sleep. He literally rolled over and went to sleep as soon as we put him in his bed at 7:45 or so.
-Until tomorrow

1 comment:

Kaydee said...

The end-of-day giggles stuck me once, about a month ago. I was calling and leaving a message for one of our "more affluent" clients. I said hi, this is Kaydee from, my firm, and I need to set a conference call with him, our firm and your Real Estate Attorney, Lou... Um Pause, UM.. bang the desk a little, um ...another pause... Desperate looks towards my office mate. I had totally forgotten the co-counsel last name! At the very last second I remember. I was so glad that I remembered I pracitcally shouted into the phone. Yeah! All's well that ends well, right?

Then my office mate started to giggle. I started to giggle and then snort so I put the phone away phone my mouth. I tried again to finish the message, but I just couldn't. So... I just hung up - mid-message! It took about 7 minutes before I was composed enough to call back. And, I had to call back in a different room, away from my office mate. Because everytime I started to dial, she would start laughing again.

I left the second message, after I breifly apologized. But as soon as I hung up the phone, I started cracking up again.