March 12, 2007

Baby steps...all the time

I get on a roll, like Sunday evening when I was cleaning like a fein, and today I thought "I'll just go, go, go and finish cleaning tonight." Well it never fails, life happens and gets in the way of my cleaning list. This is what I planned to do:
  • Clean master bathroom from top to bottom
  • Clean guest bathroom from top to bottom
  • Fold all the clothes that were washed on Sunday

Well, needless to say, it didn't happen. I even got off work today at 3:30pm. Let me tell you why it didn't happen...

First, the traffic to get out of the area where I work took 20 minutes. By the time I was well on my way home it was almost 4:00. So, I decided to run by and get Lil'D. He was napping. Pam & I talked for a good 20 minutes and he didn't move. I had to finally talk to him and coax him to wake up. He was hungry of course, he had went to sleep at 1:30. (rough) I gave him his bottle and we finally started home at 4:45. J had to go to his parents house after work because he had to fix the tire on his truck because it had a nail/screw in it. He left as soon as I got home. Lil'D and I went for a walk. We started at 5:15 and got back at 5:45. It sure didn't feel like 30 minutes. It felt like an hour to my legs. I am so out of shape. So after we got back home. I fed Lil'D, he had rice cereal and corn casserole. Yummy. J got home at about 6:20. He made steaks for us for dinner. I played with Lil'D while he grilled them. We all sat down at the table and ate dinner. Lil'D ate Apple Strawberry puffs. Once we got the kitchen all cleaned up we realized we hadn't gotten a birthday present for one of the kids at daycare. Actually, we had to get 2 presents. Big Brianna's 4th birthday is tomorrow, and Connor's 3nd birthday is on Wednesday. I call her big Brianna because there is a little Breeana. What are the odds? Anyway we ran to Target, got presents, got home, fed Lil'D and put him to bed at 8:15. I felt so bad for getting him to bed that late. He is very resilient though. I am probably taking that for granted. I gues 45 minutes isn't so bad. I always try to get him in bed by 7:15 or 7:30. So, Lil'D is finally in bed at 8:15, J tells me about how he has to get up at 4:30 in the morning and leave at 5am. He and his coworker have to drive to Calexico. So, he wants to got to bed at 9:15 or 9:30. I figure it's really too late to start a cleaning project anyway. And I have just been going and going since I got off of work at 3:30. I deserve some brainless, me time! We watched The Apprentice and ate a few girl scout cookies...yum! Now, it's time for bed. See why I didn't get my cleaning done. I'm going to stop setting myself up for feeling so bad when I don't get things done that I want. During the week, it just doesn't work that way. You'd think I know that by now. Tomorrow is going to be the same...J isn't going to get home until 6:30 or 7. Lil'D and I will be playing hard!!!

-Until tomorrow

1 comment:

Kaydee said...

I just wanted to post a general comment. Please keep blogging!! I read it, really I do! Know that, even if I don't comment everytime. I can if you want me to, I just feel like I do not always have something woth typing. I really like reading about what is going on with your day. Maybe oneday soon I will start a blog for you to read. (One that isn't on MySpace!)

Also, I am so happy that you are feeling better and that the "wort" is working. Yeah!

That's all for now.

Love, Kaydee