February 6, 2008

Guess what this is?


IT'S MARY ENGELBREIT'S DESK. Oh how I would love a desk like this! All covered with paper, colored pencils and markers...yummy!

I was reading her blog and she was a having creative block. It's kind of nice to know that she gets that too. I get that sometimes at work. I'm in the middle of designing a kitchen and I just can't get out of the box. I look at magazines alot if this happens. I also look at kitchen brochures and search kitchen photos on the net. It really gets my juices flowing.

I don't do much by hand. I tend to design in AutoCAD. I'm not really a sketcher. I like to space plan too much. When I do get stuck I start sketching different shapes, once I come up with what I like I scan it and bring it into AutoCAD and trace it. Space is always a big deal for some reason. Kitchens need to be bigger people!!

I just wanted to share this today!


No comments: