January 3, 2009

Letters to Lil'D...

My sweetest Lil'D,


The past year has been amazing. I have watched you grow from a baby to a little boy. You have grown up so fast. Every time I hear you talking I can't believe how many words you know and the sentences you are putting together are just so much fun to hear!

We were in Wal-mart a couple of weeks ago and you pointed to my sweatshirt and said:

"Mama, what is that right there?" You were pointing to the mascot.

You even asked us what our names were. You say them so well. We started asking what your name is and you've got that one down too. Your memory is just amazing!

During December we kept asking you what you wanted for Christmas. You kept saying you wanted a stick. It was so funny every time!

One of the crafts you made at daycare was a beautiful construction paper Christmas tree. There were snowmen and Santa clause and a candy cane on it. I pointed to the candy cane and asked you what that was. You said, "a hockey stick." Too funny. What I wouldn't give to hear what goes on in your head all the time!

During Christmas vacation I took you to work with me. You wanted to sit at one of the desks and play with the phones. Out of nowhere you picked up the phone, put it to your ear and said, "Hello, this is Lil'D." It cracked us all up! I think you have heard daddy answer his phone that way so many times.

We started potty training today. You only had 2 accidents. You totally get going in the potty, you just need to realize that you can hold it and control it. Before bedtime tonight you asked to go potty. We sat in the bathroom together and I asked you, "are you just doing this to stay up later?" You looked at me seriously and touched my arm and said, "Mama, I just want candy." It was so funny, but you were so serious. My little boy is just growing up too fast.

All my love,
Mama

1 comment:

Carrie said...

How sweet! They say the cutest things and it only gets sweeter the older they get! Bottle those moments up! ;o)