May 19, 2008

I'm still here...

I just haven't had any time to blog. I've been doing OTHER things. I think I got really burned out from doing that silly letter blogging for a month.

What's new?

Last week at work was crazy. I finalized the kitchen measurements for the Adobe house. Here is what I have verified and know is correct so far:

Just half of the house. I am going to start on the kitchen design tomorrow. Today I have to put together a verification package for Senior Designer. He is going to Montana tomorrow. He has lots of measuring to do at MustardStone. We are in the final verification stage. Everything should be drywalled by now. Here are the final plans. I have highlighted where all the cabinetry is located. We are also doing custom veneered interior doors. This place is going to be beautiful!!


The first delivery of cabinets leave on June 6th!! I'm really ready to get this one going! I have been working on this for almost 5 years. We are READY!!!!


Because of all the hours I worked last week on the Adobe, I took Friday off. I started out the day being crafty and then I got the itch to move some furniture around. I have been thinking about it for a while now. My dining room and kitchen are all in the same room. The two are separated by a peninsula. I moved my dining table to the other end of the room (instead of in the middle of the room) and took the sofa out of my bedroom and put it where the dining table used to be. There is so much more room. I moved around the furniture in my bedroom and there is so much more room in there to! (I took the sofa out and put a bookcase and a table in) It's all about the space planning. I guess I should eventually get it right...it is what I do for a living, after all.

I will write more about my crafty projects tonight ( and show photos).

This weekend was HOT here in southern California. It averaged about 95. It usually averages 70 here. We are very spoiled. There are a lot of homes that do not have air conditioning, including myself. The house was anywhere from 83-89degrees all weekend. That is with all the windows open and fans going. I found that if you do absolutely nothing and sit in front of a fan, it is tolerable. We went over to a friend's house on Sunday. They have air conditioning. It was nice.


Lil'D survived the heat. He was just a little irritable because of it. He liked the new furniture arrangement. Every time I turned around he would be standing on top of the coffee table in my new sitting room. He finally stopped after getting in trouble a couple times. He is such the little tester. He is such a little sweetheart. This photo was taken in Coronado. When Mom comes we always visit a store called The Attic. They have all sorts of cute things. Mom has started a small collection of items she has bought from this store! There was a rocking chair in front of the store and Lil'D climbed up in it and started rocking. Watch out, I'm gettin' all photographer like!! (heh heh heh) I absolutely love Lil'D in overalls. He has only wore these about 4 times. I almost forgot about them. They are getting too short already. I will be on the lookout for a new pair for the fall. There are only so many years you can get away with putting a little boy in overalls.

Ok...here are my schedule for the week:

Monday

  • clean mirror in master bathroom
  • fold laundry
  • go for a run

Tuesday

  • clean countertops in master bathroom
  • clean countertops in kitchen
  • weight workout

Wednesday

  • clean toilet in master bathroom
  • small group

Thursday

  • clean floor in master bathroom
  • go for a run

Friday

  • clean shower in master bathroom

Saturday

  • walk Cowells Mountain


♥ Elliemae

No comments: