November 20, 2007

What's going on in my life?

I'm just super busy being a mom, a wife, a daughter, a friend and an employee.

  • Mom hat: Lil'D is just growin' up before my eyes. He counted to three today all by himself!! I cherish the half hour I have with him in the morning and the 2 1/2 hours I have with him everyday after work. I live for the weekends with him and hubby. This hat is so important to me!!
  • Wife hat: I treasure my 2 hours after Lil'D goes to bed. This is our time. We play guitar hero or Wii together sometimes. We watch our tv shows like House, Amazing Race, Survivor, The Office, Chuck, & Las Vegas. We really enjoy our time together.
  • Daughter hat: I talk to my Mom on the phone half hour in the morning on the way to work (after Lil'D is dropped off) and a half hour after work (on my way to get Lil'D). She is actually coming to visit tomorrow for two weeks! Can't wait. My Dad gets the scoop from my Mom and my blog. We talk occasionally on the phone or by email. We are both workaholics. Like father, like daughter.
  • Friend hat: My really good friend AmyJo just had a baby. I spent the night with her and baby on Saturday night because her hubby had to go out of town on business overnight. I was more that glad to help out. I didn't want her to be alone either with a week old newborn. I am praying fervently for her and her husband. Having a newborn is hard work and exhausting.
  • Employee hat: I work from 7:30am-5pm, Monday thru Thursday. I try very hard to work till 11am or at the latest 1pm on Fridays. Fridays are supposed to be me days. I usually go to Trader Joe's & Henry's, go home and clean the kitchen spotless, maybe play a little guitar hero then pick Lil'D up at 4:30pm. It's really the only me time I get besides nap times on the weekends. My goal is to work part time when Lil'D goes to public school. Financial freedom is the answer and actually within reach! We are on a "4" year plan!!!

I forgot to include my trainer hat, nutritionist hat, maid hat, cook hat, cleaners hat...

Life is just happening and I'm just trying to keep up!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Kaydee said...

Well, at least you know your head will never get cold!