December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!!

I'm posting now before midnight, because I probably won't blog after. Lil'D and I made it safely to our destination. The plane ride was a little difficult. J got us to to the airport at 1:30 and Lil'D & I went through security at about 1:50. Lil'D had his Christmas slippers on and they made both of us take off our shoes. I had to carry Lil'D, my backpack, the diaper bag and our shoes over to some chairs near security. I had to hold Lil'D and put my shoes back on. It was a little overwhelming, but I managed. I bought a bottle of water at a store and found a seat near the gate. At about 2:30 they started pre-boarding. They started with first class, which seemed normal. But, then they asked for special pre-boarding...which was a group of fans, parents, players, and college students from the college that had just played in a special game in town. They were all going back home. There were about 15 people. Then, they asked for passengers with small children. When I got to my seat, I had about 5 minutes before the 2 people in my row showed up. I had time to change Lil'D and barely time to make a bottle for take off. Both of the people were waiting for me to move Lil'D so that they could sit down. It was a crazy moment. Finally, I felt comfortable in my seat. We were supposed to take off at 2:55. It got to be about 3:05 and Lil'D started to get upset, then he just full blown started to cry. He doesn't usually ever cry like this. It was another overwhelming moment. The lady next to me even asked me if she wanted me to let her try to feed him before we took off. I told her that I was waiting because he had to eat on take off or else his ears wouldn't adjust and we would all be miserable the entire flight. She didn't mean to be that way, she was really only trying to help. People really started turning in their seat and looking at me. FINALLY, it was time for takeoff. Lil'D ate like there was no tomorrow. He also got really droopy eyes half way through the bottle because of crying so much. He finally got through his bottle, I got a small burp out of him and did everything I could to keep the pacifier in his mouth so his ears would pop. He slept for 2 hours. My arms were killing me and all I did was sit and stare at the back of the seat in front of me, but at least he wasn't upset. I couldn't even eat the meal (mini cheese pizzas and salad). So, I took this time to pray that Lil'D's ears would pop and not hurt and also try to figure out how I was going to make the bottle for when we started to decend. I would just have to play it by ear. When Lil'D woke up we had about and hour and 15 minutes left of the flight. We looked out the window, I stood him up in my lap, I put him up in the air and then I brought out the toys one by one: the rabbit, the new toy that lights up, the new locking plastic beads, the figure 8 teether. I had ran out of toys. I sang to him, I rocked him, I bounced him. He was iffy. Then we started decending. I broke down and asked the lady next to me if she would hold him while I made his bottle. She said of course. I was so relieved. I MADE THE BOTTLE!! Lil'D was happy again!! The decent felt like forever, I only gave him half the bottle and tryed to get a bury. He of course got upset, I gave him the rest of the bottle. We finally landed. RELIEF!! When the lady next to me got up I was able to sit LilD in the seat next to me. I packed up the diaper bag and was off the plane!! Yeah, I had made it. I, no kidding or exagerating, had to walk a mile to baggage claim. I was carrying at least 30 pounds of Lil'D and bags. All I could think about was getting to the end, that I thought would never come. I finally made it there, 3 escalators later. My Mom & Dad were right there waiting for me. RELIEF, again!! I was sweating like a fein. I was dripping wet. The luggage was coming out for 3 airplanes. We waited about 45 minutes for my bags. I was so ready to get out of there, I forgot about going to the restroom to change Lil'D. So, I changed him when we got to the car. Lil'D was such a good sport, he just sat back and smiled. What a good boy! First, I put the carseat behind my Dad's seat, I should have known better. It doesn't fit behind J's seat either, it barely fits behind my seat in J's car. So I switched it to behind the passenger's seat. Oh, and did I tell you that I have no idea what the temperature was outside but it was seriously humid. It wasn't the least bit cool at all. It had been raining. We finally got all settled in the car and was off. It was a 2 hour and 45 minute ride to my parents house. It rained, thundered and lightening'd all the way home off and on. I was so relieved when we finally got there. I had officially traveled for 8 hours. I was beat. Lil'D played on the floor a little when we got home and I unpacked and organized some stuff and got ready for bed. Lil'D went right to sleep. It was a blessing that the day was over with.
That was one of the most stressful days I have had. I missed J so much! I rely on him so much!
Yesterday we drove to my brother's apartment. It was a 3 hour drive. We had a nice evening with him.
Today, we went to this really large swap meet or flea market. I love going there. I plan my trips so that it is going on while I visit. I haven't been in almost 2 years. I found some really neat stuff!
We drove back to my parent's house and unpacked everything. Lil'D went to sleep at about 10:30. I am trying to keep him on West Coast time so that when we return home he's not up at 4am. So his bedtime is around 10:30 or 11pm and I try to get him to sleep till about 8:30 or 9. So far, he has been an angel to get to fall asleep and he has been eating so good!
My parents are really getting a kick out of him.
Tomorrow I think we will just hang out at the house and relax and rest. I've got lots of people to visit this week. It feels really weird to be here in my home where I grew up and taking care of my son. My childhood seems so long ago now. It's just a weird feeling.
Well, I'm going to go watch the ball drop on tv: New Year's Rockin' Eve!
-Until next year

No comments: