December 21, 2005

Only 2 more days left till I'm FREE!!

Today I finished up some final details on Jord. "Senior designer" called at about 10:30 and told me he had the flu and that he wouldn't be in today. He had me work on pricing and a proposal for Rich. The kitchen that was designed for Rick is really original. It is a round circular kitchen. I didn't get to work on it. I'm actually kind of bummed about it, but I realize I have more than enough. About 3 weeks ago one of our cabinet manufacturers came to our showroom. This cabinet manufacturer is my favorite. They are not a large company, but they are really awesome at what they build. I have been working with them for the past 3 years. I can't tell you who they are because "senior designer" is nervous that someone else would "steal" them from us and take time away from our projects.
Anyway, Sim was delivered today!!! Yeah!!! But one setback, I talked to the superintendant at the jobsite and he asked when the install would start. I told him tomorrow, no problem. I went to verify this with our production manager. He said that "senior designer" had taken Jack and Augi off the Sim job and put them on the Gavran job. Gavran job is one of Chica's job. (Chica is my best friend) I was so angry. "Senior designer" does what he wants, doesn't communicate the changes to me, I think we are right on schedule and tell the superintendent that install starts tomorrow like we planned, and I look like the bonehead. I called "senior designer" and told him I was sorry that he was sick, but he was going to call the superintendent and the client and tell them about his changes. Let him take the heat!! Throwing it right back at ya!!
I got the proposal done for Rich and left at around 4pm to turn in my heart monitor. I left poor M with all the documents to make changes if "senior designer" had any. M is our receptionist. She is really awesome!
We met Kaydee, THE INTIMIDATOR, Amy Jo and Scout at Fuddrucker's. It was a good time! I love hanging out with friends!!
-Until tomorrow

No comments: