December 4, 2009

The past week...

Work has just got me so busy I don't have any time to blog. I am not liking that at all. Blogging makes me happy, therefore I am not happy because I haven't blogged.

I had 4 days off for Thanksgiving last weekend. We had everyone over to our house for Thanksgiving Lunch. 17, including me. I always do a potluck. It is just easier for everyone that way. Everyone came over at about 1pm. Here are my place settings at the table:
Here is the turkey when it came out of the oven:



Everyone was looking at the turkey. It was still raw in the very middle. The thermometer said 185 degrees when we took it out of the oven. There was plenty of meat that was done, thank goodness.

Everyone wrote all over the brown paper table covers. It turned out perfect for our family!!



The day after Thanksgiving I DID NOT GO SHOPPING. This is probably one of the first times in my life that I did not go shopping on Black Friday. There was just nothing that I needed. I started cleaning. Since we put Lil'D in the bigger room all the "extra" stuff got piled in our bedroom. I just needed to go through everything and find a place for it. I started with the office, which used to be Lil'Ds room. I pulled everything out, but the furniture. I went through every box and cleaned Jeremy's desk off. I finally finished my desk. This was the desk when I started.

I got it off of craigslist for $20. I painted it black and some pretty paper and wah-la. MY SPACE, that belongs to me and represents me and my world!!


I haven't completely gotten it organized yet. I have external drives and cords that need a home and to be hidden. I want to hang those 3 baskets on the floor on the wall above my desk. And those 2 boxes, they are full of wonderful treasures!! My grandmother passed away last year in June. She was 96. These boxes are full of her treasures. Fabric, yarn, buttons, aprons, rick rack, wooden spools of thread and all sorts of fun stuff!! I have already filled some jars with the wooden spools of thread. They are on the bookshelf above my desk. There is also a vintage sewing box in avocado green full of all sorts of goodies. Anyway, I am waiting for the perfect day to open the boxes and sort through them!!

We also put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. We got a beautiful fake tree last year on black friday. It is just so much easier and economical for us! We started up the Christmas music, got all the decorations out and all Lil'D could talk about was getting to the train. Lil'D loves trains. We got an inexpensive Christmas train last year that goes round and round the tree. He absolutely loves it. He wasn't really interested in anything else but that train. Here are some photos of that night:

Lil'D...mesmerized by the train in the box...







Here is Lil'D playing with the train the next day. This is his conductor seat!

Our beautiful tree:


No comments: