December 5, 2009

Letters to Lil'D...

My sweetest boy,

It is inexplicable how fast you are growing up. You have always had my heart, but it is something new everyday that makes me love you even more than the day before. We have a whole new night time routine lately. After your shower and we read a couple of books I sing rock a bye baby to you with the light off. I cradle you like a baby. You always insist on my saying rock a by BABY, but I substitute it always with your first name with a y on the end! Then I lay you on your pillow and lay next to you and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. You always shush me so that I sing it in a whisper. I am not sure why you do this. Then you call for Daddy to sing This little light of mine. You two shake your heads and giggle together until the end of this song. Then you insist on 5 hugs, 5 kisses and 5 pets. Pets are kind of like high fives but we pet each others hands instead. You like it when I fall back on the bed with a big pet and daddy bumps into the wall with big hugs. You giggle so hard over this. I love your simplicity. You ask for water here or before we started the songs. Then, I get you all tucked in and you say "Momma, I have to go potty." Every time. After potty, you get tucked in again and fall directly asleep sometimes. Sometimes you wake up and ask for water again. But once I am in bed at 10pm you sleep the entire night. Your new thing of late is to come in our bed at around 4am. We don't even know when you come in you are so stealth. When the alarm goes off there you are all snuggled up next to one of us. Some mornings we find that you brought your blanket or your lion with you. I swore I would never get into the habit of you being in our bed. But I think it is different because you go to bed in your room. I love waking up and you are there. I am going to enjoy it while I can because one day you will not want to.

Your favorite movies right now are:
  • Monsters vs. Aliens
  • Robots
  • The Polar Express
  • Up
  • Wall-e
  • Toy Story 2
  • The Grinch (original cartoon version)
Your favorite tv program is:
  • Imagination Movers
Places you love to go:
  • Disneyland
  • Grandma & Grandpa's house
  • Auntie Erin's house
  • To Awana
  • To Sunday School
  • To AM/PM to get an Icee or 7-eleven to get a Slurpee
  • The park with the big slide in 4S Ranch
  • Anywhere that involves trains or airplanes
New things that you are saying:
  • Just kidding
  • Love you momma
  • Sweetie Momma
  • Okey dokey artichokey
  • Where is my airshow for my airplane?
For Awana you have memorized these verses:
  • God loved us, and sent his son. (1 John 4:10)
  • ...God is love. (1 John 4:8)
  • ...God created the heaven and the earth. (Genesis 1:1)
  • He...made everything beautiful. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
  • O give thanks to the Lord...that made great lights...sun...by day...moon and stars...by night...(Psalm 136:3, 7-9
  • All things were made by Him... (John 1:3)
  • ...I am...wonderfully made... (Psalm 139:14
  • All Scripture is given by...God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
  • Thy word is true from the beginning... (Psalm 119:160)
  • Giving thanks always for all things... (Ephesians 5:20)
  • Trust in the Lord... (Proverbs 3:5)
I can't even begin to tell you how amazed I am by your memory. It melts my heart when you speak of God. You have also changed your night night prayer:
Dear Jesus,
Thank you for Momma
Thank you for Daddy
Thank you for Pam
Help me be a good listener
And help me to stay dry
In Jesus name
Amen

I love you my sweet boy and cherish every moment and every day with you!

Love,
Momma


No comments: