June 20, 2008

I'm back...

I have been out of blogville for over two weeks. My google reader says 1000+. I don't think I'm gonna catch up for a while. Lots of things have happened in the past two weeks. Let me share a "short" recap:

Friday, June 6th My sweet Jeremy and I have been married for 10 YEARS!! Wa-hoo...we made it. I can't believe it. I had planned on putting the story about how we met and everything, but I had to fly to Texas at 6:30am with Lil'D in tow.

I arrived in Houston at about 2pm. We got to Nacogdoches at around 6:30pm. Lil'D and I got settled in.

Saturday, June 7th I got to see my grandma. She was in a deep sleep though. She hadn't woken up and spoken to anyone since Thursday. I really think she knew we were there. Lil'D even blew kisses to her and told her he loved her. She passed the next day at 4:30pm.

Sunday, June 8th
My grandma went home to the Lord. We had all gone out to my cousins house. Lil'D played with all the kids in the water. They all had a great time. It was a beautiful day: My Mom got the call about my grandmother at 4:45pm. We packed up and went home. My Mom held up ok. I'm glad that I could be right there for her!

Monday, June 9th I went to the funeral home with Mom & Dad. All the details and arrangements had to be made. Mom & I ran around town all day long. The family viewing was at 4pm. Lil'D did really well with all the rushing around all day. AND he made it through 2 hours at the funeral home without bringing the place down.

Tuesday, June 10th The funeral was at 10am. It was a rainy day and it was thundering a bit.

Wednesday, June 11th Lil'D and I flew back to San Diego. We were tired!

Friday, June 13th My Mom flew into San Diego at 8:30pm. We had planned this trip over 2 months ago. Can you believe the timing. It has been a good break for my Mom. Of course, I don't know if her running around in my crazy life is considered a break. But I have kept her busy enough to keep her mind off of things.

Saturday, June 14th We got up at 5am and the left the house at 6:30am to go to DISNEYLAND again. Jeremy won 4 tickets from clear channel radio. Can you believe it? Grandma & Grandpa Ham (Jeremy's parents) went with us also. We got to sneak preview the new Toy Story Mania ride and California Adventure. It didn't officially open until Tuesday. It was really neat. Lil'D had a wonderful time. We even stayed to watch Fantasmic at 9pm. Lil'D fell asleep about 3 minutes after Fantasmic was over. We left the park at 11:30pm and got home at about 1am. It was a long day.

Sunday, June 15th We had a small birthday party for Lil'D. He turned 2. It was just a family birthday: 11 adults, 9 kids plus Lil'D. There was 21 people in my house the day after spending the whole day at Disneyland. Wanna see the family breakdown? I know you do:

  • *Grandma San (my Mom)
  • *Grandma & Grandpa Ham (Jeremy's Mom & Dad)
  • *Uncle Bry & Auntie A, they have 4 kids (Jeremy's oldest brother)
  • Uncle R & Auntie E, they have 3 kids (Jeremy's middle brother)
  • Auntie Sher & her boyfried who has 2 kids (Jeremy's younger sister)
  • Elliemae, Jeremy and Lil'D

I was so busy hostessing, I forgot to eat. I ate after everyone left. I didn't have a piece of the cake (which I baked on Sunday morning and forgot vegetable oil and eggs and went to the store twice for them) until Tuesday.

Monday, June 16 My sweet baby boy turned 2 years old today. Time flies when your having fun!

Thursday, June 19 We bought a car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I love it. I am already getting 23 mpg!!! Wa-hoo!

Ok, my "short" recap is done. We are going to the fair tomorrow!!! Wa-hoo, I can't wait. I absolutely love the fair!!!

Have a great weekend and I promise to be back on Monday!!

♥ Elliemae

1 comment:

Daily Dose of Motherhood said...

Wow, you have been busy!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. It's such a blessing that she was able to go peacefully and that you had a chance to see her again.

The rest of your time away sounds very nice. Disneyland? A new car? Birthday party? Wow.

I'm glad you're back, you've been missed!