January 1, 2010

How I did…2009 Resolutions

Bible Study/Devotional
  • I have slipped in this area of my life. I have gotten into the habit of saying I don't have time. That's like saying I don't have time for my Savior. I don't want to go there anymore!!
  • I didn’t do as well as I could have.  I listened to the bible on my ipod for a couple of months.  I read devotionals here and there, but did not make a “habit" like I wanted to.
Better wife / mom
  • Being a good mom has been my priority since my sweet Lil'D came into our life. I can honestly say that I have given 100 percent to Lil'D! It's the one thing I haven't lagged in!
  • I think I slacked off a little this year because of how independent Lil’D has become.  He doesn’t need me all the time like he did before.  He can do so much by himself.  I need to be better at taking the time to play with him and plan projects to do with him.
  • I have not been the best wife I could be. My sweet J is so wonderful that he doesn't even let it bother him. (at least I can't see it or haven't taken the time to see it) He gives of himself all the time. He is so selfless and is always trying to make my world better. He is always trying to make better what I feel is falling apart. He deserves so much more than I give. I will be better!
  • I’d say I didn’t do a better job, just the same as I have always done.
Time Management
  • I really need to look at my schedule everyday and use ALL of my time wisely.
  • I’d say I improved on this maybe 50%.  I was definitely more aware of where I was spending my time.  Just didn’t use it as wisely as I could of thanks to facebook.
  • I need to schedule ME time...very important!
  • I really failed this one.  I spent 6 days in Cabo in March unexpectedly for work.  That is probably the only me time I really took this year.
  • My true goal here is to include some craftiness/creative time! This would be an indulgence!
  • I actually did ok here.  I organized some of my craft supplies (at least they are all in one place) and set up my desk.  Did a few projects.  Not enough though.
Cooking
  • This is always on the back burner for me. It's just so hard for me to get to this place. (when you see my schedule you will understand) My husband had been doing a lot of the cooking during the week. BUT, I have no excuse for the weekends except for laziness and being selfish with my time. (more like wasteful)
  • Let's start with cooking one day on the weekend. That's realistic huh?
  • Fail, fail, fail.  I am just not motivated to cook with everything else I have to do.  I am going to see if I can give this one to Jeremy.
Housework
  • I have just lagged in this area almost completely. I have done everything I can to keep our "living" area tidied. I have let our master bath and our room completely go. I've got to find a balance here.
  • I definitely got better.  I cleaned (organized) every room in the house before the new year.
Working out
  • This has to be done everyday. If I'm ever going to loose the 30 pounds I put on with my pregnancy (my son is 2 1/2) I've got to do this EVERYDAY, no ifs ands or buts!!
  • I have found the "perfect" workout for me and my time constraints. Its about 30 minutes everyday. Lil'D even likes to watch me workout and joins in sometimes.
  • Was good about it for a while, but just quit because I didn’t schedule my time right.  I’ve probably gained weight this year instead of loosing it.
Crafty-Creativeness
  • I have put this on the back burner for a long time. I'm just not me without doing this. I have a list as long as California for projects I would like to do!!
  • Always see stuff that I love and say “I can make that.” Then I put it in the back of my mind and think about it often but never do it. 

No comments: